With such a huge number of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) on the market currently, selecting the right one for you and your business can feel like a bit of a stab in the dark. With so much importance placed on recruiting the right people for your business, the decision on which ATS to use has become even more crucial.
It is first important to understand that the large majority of ATS will have the same basic functions, such as:
- CV Databases
- Interview Management
- Mobile Accessibility
- Automated Job Posting
- Workflow Management
So how do you decide if they all do the same thing?
This is where you need to take a step back, assess your current recruitment process and identify the areas where you are not quite as efficient as you could and/or should be. Once you have identified these areas, you can start researching the products available on the market and work out which matches your needs.
Some important factors to consider are:
- Extra Functionality – This can include onboarding, automatic interview booking or detailed reporting features
- Ease of Use – Probably the most important, it needs to be friendly to the people using it the everyday!
- Integrations – Many ATS will integrate with other systems such as HRIS, email and social media to give the feel of one flowing system
- Employer branding – With the labour market as competitive as it is, you need to get this right. Any help your ATS can provide is an added bonus, right?
- Ongoing Support – Think training sessions, technical support, etc. You need to feel confident that you will be supported by your ATS partner
Your first step in assessing the above should be to ask for recommendations from within your network. You can then start to browse websites to understand the key functions of each specific product and hopefully start to put together a shortlist. The next step will probably be the most time consuming, but also the most important. You need to speak to the salespeople! The majority will offer you some form of demonstration, which is helpful to give you a good feel for the product and will showcase (or not!) the key features that you are searching for.
Modern ATS on the market really can revolutionise your recruitment process, but more importantly they will make your life easier and save you time! It is worth taking the time to research thoroughly and make sure you select the right ATS for you and your business.
If you need further advice then get in touch with our Talent team they will be happy to help.