The Menopause can have a significant impact on employees in the workplace. By taking steps to provide support for those affected by menopausal symptoms, employers can create a more supportive and inclusive environment for all.
It’s important for employers to be aware of the effects the menopause can have on their employees and provide support during this time. That’s why we have put together our top tips and advice on how employers can help:
- Be open to discussing the menopause in the workplace and create a safe space where employees can talk about their experiences.
- Provide access to counselling and health services to support employees experiencing menopause symptoms.
- Regularly review your policies and procedures to ensure they are up-to-date; consider the needs of those affected by the menopause and offer support.
- Make sure employers provide access to information regarding the menopause and its symptoms. This can be done through posters, online resources, discussion forums etc.
- Allow flexible working hours for those who are affected by menopausal symptoms, such as hot flushes, dizziness etc. This could mean allowing employees to work from home or come in earlier or later in the day.
- Ensure the physical environment is comfortable for all employees, with adequate air conditioning, fans, and temperature control settings.
- Make sure facilities are accessible for those who may be dealing with mobility issues due to menopause. This could include investing in ergonomic chairs, adjustable desks, and other equipment that can make working more comfortable.
As women experience the menopause, it can cause prolonged and debilitating symptoms. Employers can help ease these difficulties with the discussed adjustments.
We can help raise awareness and provide menopause support for your employees, just contact us to see how we can help! Email us at email@example.com. Don’t forget to check out our useful resources page, we have a free Menopause guide and poster available to download here!